The Rocky River Education Foundation works to enrich and provide added quality to the educational experience in our community;
to encourage further development of specialized talents, skills and academic achievements for individual students, faculty or administrators; and to continue educational traditions that have contributed to Rocky River's reputation as an outstanding suburban community. Your support of the Foundation will allow the students and educators in Rocky River to participate in extraordinary and unique educational experiences. To date, RREF has funded in excess of $777,000 in grants and donor-named scholarships. Here are some recent examples.
Enrich and provide added quality to the education experience.
- $80,656 – Smart Board Classroom Technology (2006 to Present)
- $2,922 – Advancing Social Studies through Technology
- $7,045 – Digital Humanities: The Future of History
- $1,900 – Keeping Science Students on Pace with Current Research
Encourage further development
- $2,982 – Getting in Touch with Technology in the Classroom
- $1,055 – Destination Imagination: Invention and Science
- $2,720 – Read to Succeed Program
Continue educational traditions
- $652 – A Visit with Author Margaret Peterson Haddix
- $1,000 – Annual Kensington Camp Fitch Trip
“Funding grants and scholarships that support our children’s education is one of the most enjoyable things we do. The hardest part is turning away worthy requests because our funding for the year has been exhausted.”
James Spallino, Jr.
RREF Honorary Trustee